I was walking with my dogs the other day and made this short video of why I want to create authentic teacher and
What I love most about teaching
- Creating lesson plans and prepping hands on materials my students will use the following week
- Watching the light bulbs 💡 pop over their heads in the classroom
- Grading their papers and seeing their success
- Sharing their success with parents and supervisors
Here’s my tag line I came up with
~ Authentic Teaching for the 21st Century Learner ~
One of the things I remembered this week when I was researching help for dyslexic students was that singing is one of the best things students can practice when they have the lyrics in front of them. If you want a great resource
- Reading lyrics is easy because their brain already knows the words to come.
- Students enjoy the rhyming patterns
I used to make my students sing every morning my first year as a teacher back in 2005
I wish I had never quit doing that I think it would have helped so many more students
- I’ve got half a dozen fun campfire songs every student should know that are fun to sing on bus trips and vacations!
- Another half dozen patriotic songs like the star spangled banner and Woody Guthrie’s this Land is Your Land the kids love to learn!
I go on a bit of a rant here on the podcast about iPads and my work at Apple and how we need to revolutionize the education system.
I also mention a great resource called TeachTos for classroom management.
When I first went to college I wanted to see a guitar in as many classrooms as possible! They’re so much easier to play than the piano and the cost?!
Anyway just some of todays thoughts what do you think? Are you a parent? Educator? Community member?
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please support my site by purchasing a product from the Amazon today by clicking on the link.